Today I had a successful meeting with Trevor with the following outcomes:
- Organise a Teacher of Things meeting with Trevor, Alex, Kieran, Sarah and myself for next Monday @ 12.30pm in the NIMBUS centre.
- Read the 4 Doctorial Consortium Papers sent on by Trevor.
- Email the C&T Conference about what type of ACM template needs to be used for the Doctorial Consortium – the normal 4 page document or the extended abstract template as this is not made clear on the website
- Email about applying to be a student volunteer at the C&T Conference
- Start the overview of research section of my Doctorial Consortium
- Trevor and I developed 5 Phases of my Case Study to be conducted over the next six months:
- Phase One: A literature Review – Broad definition
- Phase Two: Characteristics Matrix – using the lit review (dissemination process for Doctorial Consortium and Workshop Paper)
- Phase Three: Evaluate CoderDojo against the Characteristic Matrix – categorisation of the Coderdojo
- Phase Four: Applying the evaluation process to 10 other groups/communities
- Phase Five: Write Up and Dissemination
- Keep an eye on Twitter/Facebook/Website for C&T workshop proposals
- Ensure that I have ojective reasons for choosing my methodology, research methods, the coderdojo etc.