Today I had a very productive meeting with my supervisor Trevor and I will tae the following actions from today’s meeting:
- Return to the research questions and the papers which I took them directly from and using the “Blumenfeld Chart” review the research questions, other similar research, data, analysis and dissemination of results for each paper.
- Focus my first study on determining what a community of practice is according to the literature, then select 3 or 4 communities of practice and pick one to conduct a case study on. I will aim to write a paper which will either confirm, conflict or extend the current meaning of communities of practice through evaluating a real, current CoP. I want to look at things including –
- defintions of CoPs,
- technology used,
- birth and death of a CoP,
- how a CoP begins,
- how it maintains itself,
- how it works,
- how to become a member,
- life span of a CoP etc.
- I will create an online repository (google drive folder) where I will document the papers I read and all the research I collect along the way so that it is easy to access going forward.
- I will go back to my proposal and I will rewrite some of my research questions to be more community and teacher orientated