Below is a broad list of research questions which I will look to answer throughout the course of my PhD:
- What is a community of practice?
- How do I develop and build a community of practice?
- How familiar are teachers, students etc. with the term communities of practice?
- What are the current STEM teaching practices in schools?
- To what extent is the students learning of STEM meaningful?
- What are the current attitudes to STEM in secondary schools?
- What are the students’ attitudes towards learning STEM and how do attitudes change after thte UMI activities?
- What are the teachers’ attitudes towards the current teaching of STEM topics?
- Who are the stakeholders in the school community an how do they communicate with one another at present?
- What is the current structure of a post-primary school?
- What online resources do teachers currently use for classroom material and communication purposes?
- What role do current school stakeholders play in enhancing STEM learning for students?
- How can the entire school community aid the teacher-student relationship?
- How familiar are teachers with the use of online tools and environmetns?
- What resources, if any, are currently available to schools to promote comunication and collaboration between them?
- What role does industry play in the school environment?
- How can I support communication and collaboration among teachers, students, parents, businesses, the community, parents associations and BOMs?
- How do online communities of practice communicate?