After receiving the survey and looking through it, I have decided to expand on the questions already listed and look at what we want to find out: Below is a list of questions that may later be divided in to questions specifically for the teacher/parent and student:
- Access level of understanding of UMI technologies
- Access level of importance of 21st century skills and STEM learning
- Access people sense of their ability to engage
- Access what resources they feel they need to engage
Extended list of questions:
- How many students who have completed Transition Year go on to third level education or further education/training?
- How many students go on to do STEM related courses after college?
- What teaching methods are currently in place for teaching STEM subjects in schools?
- What resources do teachers currently use for teaching STEM subjects in schools?
Relating just to Transition Year:
- What subjects are offered for Transition Year students in the different schools? What are the most popular subjects? (subject tasters)
- What problems do teachers face with the current Transition Year set-up?
- What are the key skills students learn from completing Transition Year in their opinion?
- How does Transition Year prepare students for life after school?
- What Transition Year initiatives do schools get their students involved in?